Subject: Re: TT DIP switches
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yves Pelletier <ypell@CAM.ORG>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/10/1997 12:54:36
On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Leo Weppelman wrote:

> On Wed 10 Dec 1997, maximum entropy wrote:

> > Does anyone know what the DIP switches in the TT do?
>
> If I remember right, switch 7 determines if the floppy is DD or HD. I'm
> curious about the others too but I have never seen more info.

This came up a few years ago on the CaTTamaran discussion forum
on GEnie.  You are correct about switch 7.  AFAIR the other
switches have no assigned purpose.  Switch 1 was used as a
CaTTamaran-detect switch.  I have a nagging half-recollection
that switch 5 may have a purpose (something to do with sound?),
but I think I am mixing it up with something else.

There is a CPX that changes the switch-values in-software; I
think it's in a.a.u.e. and probably on german sites as well.
That package may contain relevant information.

Yves