Subject: Re: Cross-Compiler *is* available!
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/19/1997 20:47:41
Hi,
> > [building a kernel takes ages]
> As long as you don't touch param.h before each compile, it is pretty
> workable ;-) I made the atari-port on my TT... What helps is a bit of
> planning and running 'whole' compiles just before you go to bed (or work ;-).
I had several problems after I reduced my kernel. An additional make clean
solved these problems.

> > [cross-compiler]
> > Has anybody already tried to do this? I don't really want to reinvent the
> > (edged) wheel...
> I don't know if someone came up with a ready to use solution.
I went back to my old behaviour habits (i.e. system administration without
thought), downloaded binutils and gcc, configured, build and installed
binutils (with --target=m68k-atari-netbsd), configured, build and installed
gcc (again, with --target=m68k-atari-netbsd) and it works (more or less).

The more or less part: The cross-compiler produces static binaries where
the native compiler produced dynamically linked binaries. Seems I have
to spend some time on reading the documentation ... :)

/s/Udo
--
Udo Erdelhoff						ue@nathan.ruhr.de