Subject: Re: Serial ports again
To: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: Michael Brandt <mike@wowbagger.pc-labor.uni-bremen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/17/1997 23:56:11
Whoops, now I'm confused:

On 17-Sep-97 Leo Weppelman wrote:
>      text     devicename    driver   chip       supported  see note#
>      ===============================================================
>      serial1  /dev/ser01             68901       No
>      serial2  /dev/ser02     zs0     ZS8530      Yes        1
>      modem1   /dev/mdm01     ser0    68901       Yes        2/3
>      modem2   /dev/mdm02     zs0     ZS8530      Yes

So whis which port is not supported? serial1 or modem1?

I'm assuming the serial1 port is the one that is not supported. Why is it so?
Maybe this is a stupid question, but is the needed driver for that port so much
different from the ones already in existence or isn't it just worthwhile to
write a driver? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that anyone
writes the driver --- it's just curiosity.

Greetings

Mike

Hiroshima 45 - Tschernobyl 86 - Windows 95