Subject: Re: Jumper Settings for Riebl Card
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Eltrich <elchy@efs.camelot.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/14/1997 21:08:28
Hi Udo!

You (Udo Erdelhoff) wrote:
> I've just bought a used riebl card (TT ethernet card for the VME bus) --

Congratulations! :)

> without any documentation. The card was used in a Mega STE before and
> has to be configured before it can be used in a TT. I've found 14
> jumpers on the card and I don't want to try all those combinations.
> I've tried one of them (the current one) and had no success.
>
> Riebl cards are supported by NetBSD/atari, does anybody have the
> jumper settings for a TT?

Here they come. Roman Hodek hast posted this on the Linux/68k mailinglist
some time ago.

: From: rnhodek@immd2.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Roman Hodek)
: Newsgroups: muc.lists.atarix
: Subject: Re: L68K: Atari TT Rield ethernet board.
: Date: 5 Mar 1996 13:23:13 +0100
:
: > May be this should solve the problem? However this ethernet card
: > does only fit into a TT? Or does a MegaSTE also have a VME slot?
:
: The MegaSTE also has a VME slot, indeed the same one as the TT. Just
: it's mapped at 0xa00000...0xdfffff, due to the 24-bit address space
: (TT's VME bus is at 0xfe000000, whole 16 MB).
:
: > There about 15 jumpers on the Riebl ethernet controller. Can
: > somebody send the documentation of those jumpers? This would be very
: > much appreciated! ;-)
:
: I have a jumper docu, but we warned, it was wrong in respect to
: AUI/BNC switching! Here is what I know:
:
:    "top side"
:   +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
:   |                                                                 |
: A++  +-----+                                                        ++
: U||  |  A  |  ++                                                    ||
: I||  +-----+  || D                                                  ||
:  ++           ++                                        +-+         || VME
:   |                                                     | |         ||
:   |                                                     | | C       ||
: B |                                                     | |         ||
: N-+                                                     +-+         ||
: C |                                                         +---+   ++
:   |                                                         +---+ B |
:   +-----------------------------------------------------------------+
:
: jumper arrays A+D (J1-6, J7):
:   all to top    -> BNC (thin Ethernet)
:   all to bottom -> AUI (thick Ethernet)
:
: jumper array C (J17-J23):
:   J22/23 closed -> TT
:          open   -> MegaSTE