Subject: Re: Wondering about X11 ...
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Eltrich <elchy@efs.camelot.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/13/1997 07:14:46
You (Michael Brandt) wrote:
> So if I understood this right there is no (easy) way to use a 3 button mouse
> with X11 on a plain TT with Xdaniver? How depressing ...

I'm using a atari compatible 3 button optical mouse with my TT. The program
to control the emulation mode is /usr/bin/msconfig. Just put "msconfig off"
in your startup config.

Unfortunately I don't know where to buy a atari compatible 3 button mouse
today. I purchased it from another guy one or two years ago...

> Still one more: I spend quite some time fiddeling with the xmodmap program to
> get X to understand the input from my german keyboard but it still has
> problems with the keys that can produce 4 different characters. For everyone
> out there who doesn't know the german keyboard: there is a key which produces
> the following characters:
>
> no modifier      -> lower case german umlaut 'o'
> shift            -> upper case german umlaut 'O'
> alternte         -> '['
> shift, alternate -> '{'
>
> Any ideas what to do to get this behaviour?

Use the following xmodmap and enjoy :) Thanks to Thomas Gerner for this...

keycode   4 = 3 section
keycode   7 = 6 ampersand
keycode   8 = 7 slash
keycode   9 = 8 parenleft
keycode  10 = 9 parenright
keycode  11 = 0 equal
keycode  12 = ssharp question
keycode  13 = apostrophe grave
keycode  14 = BackSpace BackSpace
keycode  21 = z Z
keycode  26 = udiaeresis Udiaeresis at backslash
keycode  27 = plus asterisk
keycode  28 = Return Return
keycode  29 =
keycode  39 = odiaeresis Odiaeresis bracketleft braceleft
keycode  40 = adiaeresis Adiaeresis bracketright braceright
keycode  41 = numbersign asciicircum
keycode  42 = Shift_L
keycode  43 = asciitilde bar
keycode  44 = y Y