Subject: Re: Atari TT, disk termination, and NetBSD
To: None <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/12/1997 16:11:41
>From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
>
>Yes, you should make sure that the resistor packs near the controller are
>removed. On most TT's they were never inserted in the first place (according
>to Atari ;-) As to the location:

Yes, they were installed in mine.

>     +---------------+
>     |           |  '|
>     |           |   | (The ' gives the location of the 3 packs - note
>     |===============|  that this was supposed to be a top view...)

Thanks!  I found them thanks to your diagram, and pulled them.  Are
they actually all the same part?  I noticed the middle pack in mine
had a slightly different part number from the other two.

>Removing the packs involves removing the whole bloody shielding :-(

Fascinating, they installed the resistor packs, but it looks like they
didn't install any shielding over the motherboard.  Maybe they just
randomly left out one or the other :-)

>Exactly - unless you write the ACSI driver first ;-)

I'd love to do this, but I'm not sure I have the necessary skills.
I'm still groping my way around the kernel source, just starting to
get a feel for it.  The closest I've come to writing any device
drivers in the past was hacking on the serial code in MiNT... but if I
can get NetBSD installed on this box at all, I'll try my hand at it.

Thanks!
entropy