Subject: Re: Atari TT, disk termination, and NetBSD
To: None <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@ps.uni-sb.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/11/1997 15:08:41
In article <199709110617.CAA05754@zippy.bernstein.com> you write:

> I have an Atari TT that currently runs TOS, MiNT and Linux-68k.  I'd
> like to get NetBSD installed on it because, well, because Linux sucks
> :-).

Yeah! NetBSD is so much more consistent... I love it! :)

> So the questions are...am I correct that I need to disable termination
> on the SCSI controller before proceeding with this type of
> configuration?

Yes. If you want to do it 100% correctly, the internal disk has to
be terminated, and the SCSI controller not.

But... As I was too lasy to remove the terminators from the controller,
I did it the other way round and left the internal disk unterminated.

Even with a full SCSI bus (4 disks, 1 MO, 1 CD-ROM, 1 QIC-streamer),
I detected no problems yet (for more than one year...).

Benni
--
Windows 95 kann alles, wegen der 32 Bit.
Wenn ich 32 Bit getrunken habe, meine ich auch immer, ich könnte alles.