Subject: ld.so
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@schlunz.ps.uni-sb.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 07/21/1997 09:22:25
Huhu,

I enjoy re-making the whole system with a 'make' in /usr/src --
but yesterday, I killed the whole system by installing a new ld.so.

After I have installed it, every dynamic executable fails running
with a sig segv or floating point exception...

Interesting is the increased size of the executable:
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  49152 Jul 21 09:09 /usr/libexec/ld.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 benni  wheel  57344 Jul 21 00:25 gnu/usr.bin/ld/rtld/ld.so

I have already updated gcc, as, ld and libc....

Any clue?

Benni

PS: Yes, I have stripped both binaries before comparing their size...