Subject: Re: DOS-formatted ZIP disks?
To: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/26/1997 10:19:18
Benjamin Lorenz wrote:

> In article <19970623092957.50459@nathan.ruhr.de> you write:
> >I'm using the modified 1.2E kernel that does not relocate itself into
> >TT-ram (AKA "st-ram kernel").
>
> So you are using the same kernel successfully as I am now...
> Nice to hear that my idea of putting the kernel into ST-ram also
> helped other people to get NetBSD/atari running! :-)

I'm glad that it helps indeed!  It never occured to me that this could be
the problem here... I still don't understand _why_ it helps. Frustrating not?

> Leo, do you already have added a compile option for st-ram kernels, or
> is this still just a "hack"? I would like to compile my first kernel...

I haven't come to do this yet. The changes are quite small though (if you
just want to nuke relocation that is). Change the following piece of code:
  [ .../atari/atari_init.c ]
   /*
    * If we have enough fast-memory to put the kernel in, do it!
    */
   if(ttphysize >= end_loaded)
      kbase = ttphystart;
   else kbase = 0;