Subject: Xserver, TT-ram tests, ...
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: Michael Brandt <mike@wowbagger.pc-labor.uni-bremen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/28/1997 21:50:13
Hi Leo,

> > didn't work. Does the file "Xdaniver-atari-1.01.tar.gz" really contain
> > the source for "Xdaniver-2C"? (I looked through it and found almost
> > only Amiga stuff but nothing for the Atari) If not, where can I get
> > the source?

> The whole thing is an ugly hack. It builds the atari server though.

I still would really very much like to get the source ...
Perhaps I could help to make it a little less ugly?

> If these programs seem to identify something (Benni?) and if I am not
> breaking copyrights by distributing them, I can put them on the server.

The programs are all freeware and the like, at least legally usable
and distributable (I collected the from various CDs containing Atari
PD stuff). Unfortunately most of the documentation is in german. If
somebody is really in pain with that I could translate (parts) of it
if necessary. On the other hand: if my memory serves me right from
reading old postings in this group you and Benni should be able to
understand german... :-)

I'll send you the test programs with a separate mail.

> As the README file states [ this is no personal flame almost nobody read
> it I think ], the 1.2.1 release is a patch release for 1.2. There are
> no 'new' things in 1.2.1. The stuff in the 'arch' directory is a binary
> snapshot from an few months old -current.

Well I read the README file and I thought I understood it. I just
considered the changes I noticed as patches and not as new
things. Besides I took a look at the `NetBSD release graph' on the
web site and saw a line named `bug fixes only' which went from the
main branch *after* version 1.2D to NetBSD-1.2.1.

But anyway I'll try the snapshot then. Is there a way to get ps(1)
working with the latest snapshot? I'm willing to translate more files
from the snapshot if that helps. Which tar-files do I need to achieve
this? My problem is that it's far to expensive and time consuming for
me to load every new snapshot since I only have a dialup internet link
over a 14.400 baud modem. sys.tar.gz alone takes about 1h 50m for me
to load ... :-(

Greetings

Mike