Subject: Re: TT-ram problems (and more ...)
To: None <lorenz@phil.uni-sb.de>
From: Michael Brandt <mike@wowbagger.pc-labor.uni-bremen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/28/1997 21:11:40
Hi Benni,

> The -current kernels work much better than the 1.2 ones on my TT, I
> never went so far in the installation process. But -- after some
> time I still have MMU faults.

Since I use the 1.2D kernel I never had a single crash and the machine
already ran for two days without power-off. Perhaps this is really a
RAM problem with your TT.

I used the test programs extensively on my TT when I got my new memory
expansion board. They all showed no errors except for one program
which tested something that I never thought of as a possible problem:
The TT ram in combination with heavy access of an internal harddisk. I
had an internal disk at that time and the test showed errors. After
removing the disk everything worked fine.

> Well, I will be happy to try out some TOS ram test programs, as well as
> booting a kernel which runs in ST ram... Let's see what happens...

I'll mail the programs directely to you in order not to clutter the
mailing list.

Greetings

Mike