Subject: Re: Success! :-)
To: None <lorenz@phil.uni-sb.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/28/1997 12:55:55
Hi Benni,

> > [ flakey TT-ram?? ]
>
> Hm... I really don't think there's something wrong with my TT ram --
> why should Linux run days over days without problems? (And Linux is
> also known to heavily stress the SIMMs.. :-))

I know that, but maybe some stress more than others... What I mean is that
it might be due to some specific access pattern.

> In Linux, there's a long standing bug which prevents the kernel
> to run in TT ram (and apparently the bug knows very well how to hide..).
>
> Perhaps there's some similar problem with NetBSD? So here's my
> question: Where gets the kernel loaded to when I enable TT ram?

If there is enough TT-ram to store the kernel, the kernel is relocated
to TT-ram.

> If it's TT ram, could the bootloader be changed so that it gets loaded
> into ST ram? Maybe the problem disappears then?

It's no loader option (which I now regret...). If I find a bit of time,
I'll drop you a kernel that doesn't relocate.

PS: You are running the snapshot (== 1.2D) kernel are you? I assumed you
were, but after Michael's mail I begun to have doubts...

Leo.