Subject: Re: Success! :-)
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: Benjamin Lorenz <benni@phil.uni-sb.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/27/1997 11:34:45
Huhu Leo!

>Looks like your TT-ram is flakey. I had problems with my MegTT board
>too a while back (also MMU faults). After carefully selecting my SIMMS
>and soldering a selection of capacitors, the problem disappeared.
>The problem with instable RAM is that it also infects the buffer cache
>and (in the long run) it slowly eats your filesystem :-(
>Maybe re-arranging of removing of some SIMMS will work. Using NetBSD
>with 4MB memory is not exactly pleasant...

Hm... I really don't think there's something wrong with my TT ram --
why should Linux run days over days without problems? (And Linux is
also known to heavily stress the SIMMs.. :-))

In Linux, there's a long standing bug which prevents the kernel
to run in TT ram (and apparently the bug knows very well how to hide..).

Perhaps there's some similar problem with NetBSD? So here's my
question: Where gets the kernel loaded to when I enable TT ram?

If it's TT ram, could the bootloader be changed so that it gets loaded
into ST ram? Maybe the problem disappears then?

Benni
--
      /'^'\
     ( o o )          Benjamin Lorenz, 66111 Saarbrücken, 0681 / 372253