Subject: Re: Success! :-)
To: None <lorenz@phil.uni-sb.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/26/1997 13:26:23
On Mon, 26 May 1997, Benjamin Lorenz wrote:

> Forgot something:
>
> What works fine:
>
> My SCSI streamer (a Conner QIC-wide streamer, must look at home for the
> correct model name) works very well. But I cannot read tapes written
> with NetBSD under Linux ("wrong blocksize") and vice versa.
> Who sets the blocksize, how can I change it?

	tar has a '-b' option to set the blocksize - you might want to
	try running tar with the same -b option on both NetBSD & linux
	to see if a tape written that way works ok...

> What does not work:
>
> Mounting GEMDOS partitions is possible with mount_msdos, but the
> directory seems to be empty when doing an "ls". Now I read in the
> FAQ about the -G option. What exactly does it mean?

	GEMDOS is not quite the same as MSDOS. -G makes mount_msdos take
	account of those differences and work correctly on a GEMDOS
	partition.

                David/abs               abs@anim.dreamworks.com

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.-- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          too drunk to care          |    the hell of the night before    |
|  looked like death, felt like hell  |   I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ been the worse for wear ------'-- and still I'll drink some more --'