Subject: Re: HADES 68060
To: None <al@ssh.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/25/1997 01:03:16
al@ssh.de wrote:

> >There are a few differences between the 040 and the 060. Most of the
> >060 support is already present in the -current Hades kernel. The last
> >part is (exept for the floating-point stuff) already written. I just
> >need someone with a Hades/060 and it looks you have one ;-) If you
> >are willing to help me out, drop me a mail. I can send you a kernel
> >and a bootloader that should work on a 060.
>
> A bootloader/kernel is welcome! I will help you out!!!

Great! You having an et4000/isa is an extra complication. Getting the ISA
version to work is probably not very difficult, but I currently don't have
the time to do it... What I can offer you is a serial console using the
modem1 port of the Hades. Is this workable for you? You can probably put
a terminal emulator on a floppy and use that on your diskless MegaST. The
code for the serial console is ready (still hot ;-) ). The last part of
060 code intergration shouldn't be too much work, so this would produce
something (hopefully) working in a few days.

Leo.