Subject: New uploads (IDE-driver!)
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 04/06/1997 00:22:41
Hi,

	Finally, there is an IDE-driver for the atari Falcon & Hades!

Both Markus Kilbinger (Falcon) and I (Hades) have been testing this
driver and it seems to run quite stable. What has not been done yet
is bad block handling. I have no idea if and how atari manages bad
blocks lists for IDE drives. If anyone can fill me in on this please
do. If atari and none of the hd-drivers handle bad blocks I'd like to
know it too!

To celebrate the addition of the IDE driver, I have uploaded new kernel
snapshots and a new (IDE-aware) miniroot image to ftp.netbsd.org
in: /pub/NetBSD/arch/atari.

The kernels work correctly with the binary snapshots that I have
uploaded about a month ago. This means that there is a complete
update set available.

PS: the lastest kernels need a new Xserver. See the 'progs' directory
    for this!

Have fun,

Leo.