Subject: Falcon Screen (was: Re: Success!)
To: Thomas Gerner <thomas@murmel.camelot.de>
From: Helmar Goettsch <goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/09/1996 11:10:32
Thomas Gerner wrote:

> leo@wau.mis.ah.nl (Leo Weppelman) writes:
> >Dan Hastings wrote:
>
> [ .... ]
>
> >> The only bug I've noticed so far is in the screen display - the
> >> screen isn't always "centered" - sometimes the right hand edge wraps
> >> onto the left edge. Pressing alt + function key repeatedly makes the
> >> screen jump about and eventually it ends up in the right place, but it
> >> is a tad annoying to have to press alt-f1 5 times instead of once. :(
> >
> >Thomas did the Falcon video stuff. If I remember well, he knows about
> >the bug, but he has no fix for it yet.
>
> Correct. But this bug only happens in the ST kompatible video modes. If
> you switch to a falcon mode, e.g 640x480x2 using iteconfig, the above
> effect does not happen.

NO ! SORRY THAT ISN'T CORRECT !
On my Falcon this effect is ALSO in native Falcon mode 640x480x2, on which
I switched with 'iteconfig.
(I installed NetBSD 1.2/atari for about three weeks ago).
--
          ___   __   Helmar Goettsch (Admin HEG: Lehrstuhl III, Informatik)
  /   /  /     /  '  Orleansstr. 34, D-81667 Muenchen, Phone: 089/48095-190