Subject: Re: FAQ for port-atari
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Volker A. Brandt <volker@carlotta.iam.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/08/1996 20:32:56
In article <199612040658.AA29423@jupiter.ph-cip.uni-koeln.de> rbrandt@ph-cip.Uni-Koeln.DE writes:
>Something else:
>Dan Hastings wrote on Dec. 02:
>
>> The only bug I've noticed so far is in the screen display - the
>> screen isn't always "centered" - sometimes the right hand edge wraps
>> onto the left edge. Pressing alt + function key repeatedly makes the
>> screen jump about and eventually it ends up in the right place, but it
>> is a tad annoying to have to press alt-f1 5 times instead of once. :(
>
>I have never seen this on my TT, but it regularly annoys my brother
>who runs NetBSD on his i486.

Well, the problem on my i486 comes from a bug in the S3 version of an old
XFree VGA driver.  The problem Dan describes sounds more like the old
shifter resynch problem on the ST.  IIRC, the Tempelmon debugger even had a
hotkey defined to resync the shifter ... I *think* the problem ocurred on
"Blitter TOS" only.

Rechtschreibdeform: Dummheit regiert!      		Volker A. Brandt
Internet: volker@iam.uni-bonn.de			Angewandte Mathematik
Phone/FAX number available upon request			(Bonn, Germany)