Subject: /dev/ser02
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Hastings <dan_hastings@uk.ibm.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/27/1996 07:18:23
Are you sure? The reason I ask is that I purchased an Apple Mac
localtalk->rs232 cable to use this port and it works perfectly under
TOS. Connect will happily dial out and connect over serial2. I had
assumed therefore that no signal conversion would be necessary.

If the computer can successfully talk to the modem through serial2
under TOS I originally expected no problems with netbsd, but although
I can get it to raise TR (using cu or bsd-dip in terminal mode) I'm
unable to get any response from the modem. :(

Since I don't have space to recompile a kernel with different
frequency tables I guess I'm stuck until someone else can fix it?

Dan Hastings, 01962 817047 (external) 247047 (internal)
Technical and Project Services, IBM Global Services, UK
NOSS: NHBVM1(hastind) Internet: dan_hastings@uk.ibm.com