Subject: Hades support now available!
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <email@example.com>
Date: 11/10/1996 00:16:53
As some of you might have noticed, I have been slowly adding Hades
stuff into the atari kernel-tree. Since about half an hour ago, there is
enough support into the tree to build an installable system!
The supported hardware list:
- ET4000 pci console
- builtin dd/hd floppy drive
- parallel printer
There is *no* ide support yet. This is due to lack of time on my part. Markus
was working on it for the Falcon, by he has a time problem too.... (Yes, this
is a hint for volunteers ;-) and not restricted to ide! ).
Some other notes:
- My US-keyboard is unable to generate some keys. According to Medusa
Systems, this should not be the case on german keyboards and it
will be solved for other types of keyboards (I have no time schedule).
- I'm working on the serial (zs) driver. It should be available soon.
- It's about 6 times faster than my TT030 in compiling kernels ;-)
- Since 040 support is now present in the -current kernel, it shouldn't
be too hard to get the Falcon AfterBurner working (contact me if you
- There is no Hades kernel uploaded for ftp yet. I will do so as soon
as the zs-driver is working. If you want to try it before that, drop
me a mail.