Subject: Re: installation problems
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kyle Farrell <orb@ee.washington.edu>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/30/1996 00:23:25
> This won't solve the problems for those using the ICD utilities though.
> ICD does put some weird values in the bad sector list fields that make NetBSD
> think that the disk is emtpy. I've send Kyle a kernel that ignores those
> values, just to see if that might be a solution. As soon as I have any
> info from Kyle, I'll let you know.

I'm happy to say the kernel Leo sent me works!  i managed to go through
the entire installation procedure without a problem.  I had just finished
repartitioning my disk (with ICD) prior to the installation.  I didn't
install "icdboot.sys" on the disk though (probably not a good idea since
this caused minor havoc later on).

the installation was actuall easy & went smooth.  everything appears to
work fine, though i haven't tried an awful lot yet.  I did notice that
the 'ps' utiliity is reporting wierd things:
% ps
proc size mismatch (8424 total, 644 chunks)

anyone know what this means?
-kyle