Subject: Re: installation help
To: Kyle Farrell <orb@ee.washington.edu>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/24/1996 13:26:52
Kyle Farrell wrote:

> I'm having problems installing netbsd on my atari.  When I'm booting the
> miniroot, in addition to the warning about bad dates in clocks I get
> "WARNING: no swap space found".
This is ok. The last messages you will only see when there is no NetBSD
swap partition on any disk. Which is true in your case I suppose.

> Then when i'm prompted for a shell, i'm given a help message on "instbin"
> and the following is displyed:  "/etc/rc:  can't open /etc/rc". This is as
> far as i can get-- if i explicitly input "sh" for my shell instead of just
> hitting return the system tells me that it can't exec for a single user.
Mmm, looks like something is wrong with the images. I'll download them from
ftp.netbsd.org myself today and compare them to the originals on my boot
floppy's - which were working when I took their image.... I'll let you know
the results.

Leo.