Subject: SCSI timeouts my experience
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <p9548@iupmime.univ-lemans.fr>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/17/1996 17:52:10
I've got also SCSI problems with my Falcon.
I made a clock patch with a 74F04 and it doesn't changed
anything. I also reduced the length of my SCSI cable. No
change. This happen on all my disks (Maxtor, Conner and
Quantum).
I tried also Linux all last versions, and there is exactly the same trouble: scsi timeout, but Linux driver send
a scsi reset if there is a problem, so it doesn't hang
systematicly.
But i just saw the same trouble with HDDriver but i'm
not sure.
I also added a FPU and 16Mb of RAM and it doesn't change.

I really don't know where the problem come from ?

|  Falcon 14Mb/ tower / BlowUp hard II / NEC 3D  |
|        IDE 84Mb, SCSI 40, 52, 130Mb, 1Gb       |