Subject: Re: Various troubles with NetBSD 1.2 atari
To: Michiel Meijer <shadum@cistron.nl>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/15/1996 23:42:24
Michiel Meijer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running NetBSD v1.1 on my atari falcon030 (16 mhz 4 mb ram no 68881/2)
> well v1.1 runs pretty good (except for a minor bug with the serial port). So i
> thought to my self, lets try v1.2. Well here the troubles started. First i
> tried the one kernel (polling) than the other (interrupt driven) i compiled it
I assume that they were both running well?
> my self, removed a slight configuration error (m68k/fpe/fpu_emulate.c was
> included twice, once as port of fpu_emulate once it was just included) compiled
> it again, recompiled gcc (to v2.7.2.1) compiled it again, but time after time i
This and the error below make me think that you have problems with your config
file. None of the 1.2Beta config files include fpu_emulate directly, only
through 'fpe/files.fpe'. So my question is:
    1 - What 1.2Beta sources did you use
    2 - Did you upgrade your config-files
    3 - does your config-file contain the options:
          DISKLABEL_NBDA & DISKLABEL_AHDI
        The config file *must* specify both or you will be in trouble when
        the kernel tries to find it's root filesystem.

> got this error ;
>
> i start up the kernel, it recognises my NEC HD (700 mb) than it hangs, a while
> tells me i have a lpt0 and 8 consoles and _NO_ suitable root. Okay i stayed
> calm downloaded the root disks and tried to update my installation; no use it
> suddenly can't find my HD (*growl*) well as i'm at the end of my wits (and
> don't know enough about NetBSD yet to hack it) i'm hopeing someone can help me.
I assume you downloaded the 'miniroot' disks. Did you start them with your old
(eq. working) kernel? Or with the beta-kernels? At least the beta-kernels
*should* work.

> As to the problem with the rs232, that is simple, in zs.c after sending a
> Request To Send zs.c waits for a Data Carrier Detect, that's wrong , it should
> wait for a Clear To Send (RTFM)
I'll have a look at that. Note: you can also 'send-pr(1)' these kind of bugs.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, could you append your config file to the
reply?

Leo.