Subject: Various troubles with NetBSD 1.2 atari
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michiel Meijer <shadum@cistron.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/15/1996 11:47:57
Hi,

I'm running NetBSD v1.1 on my atari falcon030 (16 mhz 4 mb ram no 68881/2)
well v1.1 runs pretty good (except for a minor bug with the serial port). So i
thought to my self, lets try v1.2. Well here the troubles started. First i
tried the one kernel (polling) than the other (interrupt driven) i compiled it
my self, removed a slight configuration error (m68k/fpe/fpu_emulate.c was
included twice, once as port of fpu_emulate once it was just included) compiled
it again, recompiled gcc (to v2.7.2.1) compiled it again, but time after time i
got this error ;

i start up the kernel, it recognises my NEC HD (700 mb) than it hangs, a while
tells me i have a lpt0 and 8 consoles and _NO_ suitable root. Okay i stayed
calm downloaded the root disks and tried to update my installation; no use it
suddenly can't find my HD (*growl*) well as i'm at the end of my wits (and
don't know enough about NetBSD yet to hack it) i'm hopeing someone can help me.

As to the problem with the rs232, that is simple, in zs.c after sending a
Request To Send zs.c waits for a Data Carrier Detect, that's wrong , it should
wait for a Clear To Send (RTFM)

Regards
	Shadum