Subject: Re: new kernels testing
To: None <D.L.Hastings@exeter.ac.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 07/10/1996 21:19:20
[ ... ]
> Polling kernel (bootx.poll):
> Seemed to work fine - I didn't get any disk errors from it at all.
> I may try reinstalling the upgrade sets with this kernel when I get some
> spare time...
I hope you'll use the new installer ;-)

> Interrupt kernel (bootx.intr):
> Well.... hmmm. ;) I didn't get any of the "some bytes stuck in fifo" or
Argh, seems that dma interrupts still don't work :-(

> "dma ready = 2" errors which might be a good sign. But... instead some
> other crashes occured. I was copying large files (10Mb+) in both cases,
> the first time, I got a kernel panic with the reason "MMU fault". The
If you have a dump saved, could you give me a stack trace? You can use
gdb -k <dump-image> <kernel-image>, enter 'bt' at the prompt.

> second time the system just hung with the drives busy light on. :(
Were you able to enter the kernel-debugger at this point? If so, a
stack-trace (with the 't' command) might be useful.

Leo.