Subject: new kernels testing
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: None <D.L.Hastings@exeter.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 07/10/1996 00:26:19
I downloaded the new kernel versions and ran some tests copying large files
about on an msdos partition (I'm more likely to be able to fix an msdos
filesystem should disaster strike *grin*).

Polling kernel (bootx.poll):
Seemed to work fine - I didn't get any disk errors from it at all.
I may try reinstalling the upgrade sets with this kernel when I get some
spare time...

Interrupt kernel (bootx.intr):
Well.... hmmm. ;) I didn't get any of the "some bytes stuck in fifo" or
"dma ready = 2" errors which might be a good sign. But... instead some
other crashes occured. I was copying large files (10Mb+) in both cases,
the first time, I got a kernel panic with the reason "MMU fault". The
second time the system just hung with the drives busy light on. :(

*  {{{ Dan }}}  *  Atari Falcon030 4Mb RAM 65Mb IDE 340Mb SCSI   *
*    NetBSD-1.1-Atari installed - a _real_ unix environment!     *
*    Looking for a Falcon sample editor? Get SuperSam v1.08!     *