Subject: Re: Resolution problem on Falcon
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/01/1996 04:30:46
Leo Weppelman wrote:

> Are you saying that when the boot-preference is set to NetBSD, TOS wouldn't
> boot from the SCSI-disk because an IDE disk with a boot sector was found
> eventhough it's bootpreference bit did not match??????

I'm not entirely sure. Different versions of TOS behave differently,
and my own experiments indicated that at least with TOS 3.06 the
behaviour is not exactly what one might expect. But maybe Atari
finally got it right in TOS 4. Helmar, could you check it out?

> This reminds me of the fact that I still haven't converted your mail
> explaning the bootloader into a decent manual-page format....

It might be more convenient to add a couple of lines to installboot(8),
since the bootloader mechanism and its location is already explained
in there. It would be easier to maintain.

Regards,
Waldi