Subject: Re: Falcon LAN port - supported?
To: None <D.L.Hastings@exeter.ac.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/28/1996 21:37:00

> >> port - it works fine under ConNect under TOS - I can dial in to BBS's
> >> fine with it, so it does work as a normal serial port. :/ I managed to
> >> get NetBSD to raise TR on it once, but apart from that no go. :(
> > Are you sure hw-handshaking is turned off and clocal is set? Another cause
> > of the problem might be that a wrong clock-source is selected.
>
> I'm not familiar with unix to know where to set these up or check
> for them. I am using the 1.1 release binaries as I don't have enough
> space for the source on the NetBSD partitions. :(
>
> Is it a case of simply looking in a config file somewhere or is it likely
> to be a source code fix thats needed? If the latter I can't do it myself.
You could setup a line in /etc/ttys saying:
	ser02 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" dailup off local

Or while your fiddling from within cu, you can escape to the shell
and use "stty local < /dev/ser02" to do the job. So there are various
options, I don't know how you tried to communicate with the line....

Leo.