Subject: Re: FYI
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Helmar Goettsch <goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 01/25/1996 11:57:32
'
' As I am writing to you anyway, I can give a quick status report on the
' Atari-port just as well.....
'
'     - A lot of work is being done to create a bootloader for NetBSD/Atari.
'       It allows most people to (re)boot NetBSD without starting GEM. I think
'       that the bootloader stuff is nearly in the beta-stage. Waldi (who has
'       done most of the job) and I are currently running the alpha-version.
'       I said 'most people' on purpose :-( As we don't have enough docs on
'       the FX-card and are not able to get it, it seems that the loader is
'       not going to work for it. So if you have tech-info about it or when
'       you are able to get it, drop Waldi or me a mail.
I know the developer of the FX-card. He's a student of computer-science
at the university and the department I work. These are his dates:
Name:	Georg Acher
email:	acher@informatik.tu-muenchen.de
phone	++49 89 681104 (hotline between 6 and 10 o'clock pm).
Thomas was in contact with him because of the the Falcon video stuff
(resolution extension BlowUp, also developed and purchased by Acher & co.).

HEG

          ___   __   Helmar Goettsch (Admin HEG: Lehrstuhl III, Informatik)
  /   /  /     /  '  Orleansstr. 34, D-81667 Muenchen     Room: O109, ZI
 /---/--/-----/--+   Phone:  +49-89-48095-190	privat: +49-89-367279
/   /  /___  /__/    email: goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de