Subject: Hello
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Graham Irvine <graham@grasper.demon.co.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/04/1995 21:37:24
As this is my first post to this mailing list firstly hello everyone

Now the questions :-)

I have just downloaded all the kernel,utils.* and base11 archives but
need some brief guide before installing ..

Can the /root and /usr (and swap!) filesystems be mouted on the same
harddisk partition ?? And the swap partition if it has to be a seperate
partition can I "share" the same partition as my linux swap ?

The INSTALL File talks about compatibility with Linux ... what exactly ?
I know that I cannot use the same filesystem but will a NetBSD system
execute ELF or a.out binaries ?? Will I be able to mount ext2 and minix
partitions ?? Indeed can I mount GEM partitions ?

Finally , I have only be able to find binary distributions for atari ,
are there source for the kernels etc anywhere ??

Thanks

--
-----  Atari Falcon030 // Linux68K  -------
Graham Irvine :  graham@grasper.demon.co.uk