Subject: Re: uucp-throughput
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/01/1995 21:32:18
Hi Michael,

> This matches my experience: When connected to my modem at 38400 bps,
> only half of my modem's long configuration listing (when generated
> with "AT\S"; one screenful of data) gets thru (RTS/CTS flow control
> enabled, XON/XOFF disabled).

That sounds awfull. If half of the data is lost while *sending*,
then receiving will hardly be possible (I know from experience,
that 76800 bps won't get you anywhere).

Leo, is it possible to get that nasty SCSI driver back in line? :-)

> BTW, why does `cu' reset my modem device to "-crtscts" even if I
> specify "hardflow yes" in /etc/uucp/sys?

IIRC `hardflow' can only be specified in the devices file, unlike
the `speed' command which may appear in either file.

Waldi