Subject: tcsh on new platform
To: None <christos@ee.cornell.edu>
From: Helmar Goettsch <goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/29/1995 21:21:57
Dear Mr. Christos Zoulas

I will report to you that I was able to install your
	t c s h		Version 6.05
	========
on my UNIX system
	NetBSD 1.1 (ALPHA)
on a	Falcon030 , vendor ATARI.

with great effort.
The tcsh seems to work fine, it has passed all your provements,
written in your README file (section 8) and I haven't seen any
crashes bugs or problems up to now.a

According to your pleasure I send you the modified lines of
file 'hosts.def'
. . .
newdef	: defined(__NetBSD__) || defined(__BSD_NET2__)
comment	: Chris Demetriou's NetBSD
. . .
hosttype:						: "NetBSD"
ostype	:						: "NetBSD"
. . .
machtype: defined(mc68020)				: "m68k"
machtype: defined(mc68030)				: "m68k"
. . .
enddef	:
. . .

As NetBSD outside the US due to export law regulations don't support
password encryption (function crypt()), I had to define NO_CRYPT
in the Makefile
	CFLAGS=-O2 $(INCLUDES) -DNO_CRYPT	# HEG: NetBSD: no crypt() there

This was the only change I've made.
Thanks for the good portable code ;-)

Helmar Goettsch
          ___   __   Helmar Goettsch (Admin HEG: Lehrstuhl III, Informatik)
  /   /  /     /  '  Orleansstr. 34, D-81667 Muenchen     Room: O109, ZI
 /---/--/-----/--+   Phone:  +49-89-48095-190	privat: +49-89-367279
/   /  /___  /__/    email: goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de