Subject: Re: ttyflags: TIOCSFLAGS on /dev/mdm02: Device not configured
To: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
From: Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/28/1995 10:00:39
Thanks for your follow-ups Waldi and Leo!

Waldi Ravens wrote:

> I assume, what you want, is for DTR to drop when the device is closed,
> and a SIGHUP being generated when DCD drops. Both of these are the
> default behaviour. We're talking NetBSD here, not MiNT. :-)

Yeah, I probably was confused by Ultrix needing an explicit "modem" in
/etc/ttys to recognize DTR/DCD correctly while this is the default
under NetBSD (and "mdmbuf" sounds somewhat similiar to "modem"...).

(What is ``MiNT?'' ;)

> > "Device not configured" would still be a somewhat stange error message...)
>
> I agree, "Operation not supported" would make more sense.

Should I `send-pr'?

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de