Subject: Re: Bug Report 1
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/28/1995 01:51:52
Hi Leo,

> > 	2) install script  'Configure()'
> > 'Making device names ...' longs for a long time (about 15min. on my
> > falcon) and nothing happens on the disk or screen.
> > Therefore a message like "longs about 10..15 minutes" would be good
> > that a nervous user don't think the computer hung and reset it. (I did
> > it almost :-)
> Maybe I should build in a 'rotor'...

twiddle()? :-)

> > 	4) ite1: after logout getty-prompt on HOME (top) of screen
> > 		 but does not clear screen
> > 	Workaround: create a .logout-file with cmd 'clear' in it
> Yes, it's a nuisance I know. Didn't have time to give it a look.

It's not a nuissance, it's a matter of reading the fine manual!
(sorry, Leo, your guru nomination is being reconsidered :-) ).

Add the following capabillity to the `Pc' description in
/etc/gettytab:
		:cl=\E[;H\E[2J:

(if this doesn't work, it's because of my poor memory; in this
case, examine /usr/share/misc/termcap for the correct sequence)

For more details, see the gettytab(5) manual page.

Waldi