Subject: Re: a pleasure (X11)
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/28/1995 00:12:58
From: leo@ahwau.ahold.nl (Leo Weppelman)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 08:00 ZOM
Subject: X - how to get it
To: port-atari@netbsd.org

Sorry that it has taken me a while, but as ftp.netbsd.org has been more
down than up lately, I had some troubles moving the Xserver to the 'right'
directory.
Basically, this is the same message as I wrote to Adventurer to get X
up and running. I didn't remember any problems with it (exept that
the archive at regensburg is sometimes hard to reach).

What you need to get X running:

 - Get the following archives from:
	<ftp://ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/os/NetBSD/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11>
	X11R6.04Jan95-bin.tar.gz
	X11R6.04Jan95-fonts.tar.gz
	X11R6.04Jan95-lib.tar.gz
	X11R6.04Jan95.readme

 - There is also a FAQ down there, I forgot it's name....

 - Grab a sys.tar.gz archive from ftp.netbsd.org. You need to compile
   a kernel with 3 views (or at least one more than there are ite's).
   So... unpack the kernel source-tree, cd /usr/src/sys/arch/atari/conf,
   update ATARITT to have 3 views. Type 'config ATARITT', go to
   ../compile/ATARITT, type 'make depend ; make' and wait....
   If you have a Falcon, substitute FALCON for ATARITT above ;-) Note
   that this has _never_ been tested on a Falcon yet...

 - The Xserver is also at ftp.netbsd.org . It's path is:
	pub/NetBSD/arch/atari/progs/Xdaniver.gz

 - While you are waiting for the compile, unpack the X11R6 archives....

 - add a line: ldconfig /usr/local/X11R6/lib to rc.local

 - make a (sym)link from /usr/local/X11R6/bin/X to wherever you put
   the Xserver.

 - If you want to fiddle with the X-server yourself, also get:
	Xdaniver-1.01.readme
	Xdaniver-1.01.src.tar.gz

I think this will be all.....

Currently, Adventurer has also got the server sources and the (3 or 4)
source-files that I changed to get the server working. I don't know
exactly what the status is (hint...hint ;-) )

Leo.