Subject: Re: ttyflags: TIOCSFLAGS on /dev/mdm02: Device not configured
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/28/1995 00:14:09
Leo Weppelman wrote:

> > mdm02   "/usr/libexec/getty std.19200"  network off rtscts mdmbuf
> >
> > However, `ttyflags' (run from /etc/rc) complains (here's the output of
> > "ttyflags -a -v"):
> >
> >     ttyflags: setting flags on /dev/mdm02 to c
> >     ttyflags: TIOCSFLAGS on /dev/mdm02: Device not configured
> It's a bit strange, I added exactly the same line without having troubles.
> I tried it without mdmbuf when my modem was disconnected. With 'mdmbuf'
> I only tried it with my modem connected (just bad reading on my part).

I looked at this again: I always get the error message when specifying
"mdmbuf", whether I'm connected or not.

Anyway, I've (again) looked up the meaning of "mdmbuf" (it means use
DTR/DCD flow control), and this is not quite what I want :) .  So my
solution now is to just leave out "mdmbuf" in /etc/ttys.

> > Using "stty -f /dev/mdm02 crtscts mdmbuf" works fine, however.  Can
> > anyone explain what is giong on?

(Perhaps the driver just doesn't know about DTR/DCD flow control, and
`stty' silently ignores the error?  "Device not configured" would
still be a somewhat stange error message...)

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de
WWW:   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mh1/