Subject: Re: more FAQs needed
To: Helmar Goettsch <goettsch@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/26/1995 22:49:25
Hi Helmar,

> hi all
> Since I run NetBSD,  my questions increased ;-)
> Here are some :
>
> 	1) How can I deal with the dam... stty settings ?
> In spite of setting 'stty erase ^H werase ^_ (DEL) kill ^U'
> and in spite of that 'stty all' reports the above settings
> I can't use the BACKSPACE and DELETE keys in command line to correct words
> (also ^U doesn't work). Exactly: it seems to work but I can't see that .
> All that I see is something like
> 	sttz^H^H^_^_^_^U	when I typed BACKSPACE and DELETE and ^U
> This is horrible nerving.
First: There is a bug in /etc/ttys, the vt200 entries should be changed
because there is not vt200 entry (anymore) in the termcap.  Question is to
what... There was a bit of discussion about it a few weeks ago.
As a quick fix for 1.1, I changed vt200 to vt220. This works for 'normal'
(read vi/less/more etc.) operation. It seems that tetris requires either
vt100 or vt320. I have this in my todo list.

This probably also solves the above problems. In my .profiles I also set
the 'LINES' environment variable when loggin on to one of the virtual
consoles. This is needed because LINES is dependent on the screen resolution.
'stty -a' will give you the correct figures.

> 	2) Where can I get the tcsh or the sourcen of it ?
> 	   Can I use the sourcen from a NetBSD/i386 PC ?
> 	   Does anyone have the 'tcsh' installed and the binaries
> 	   ready to use (and will upload it to me ;-) ?
I think that the NetBSD/i386 sources should compile & work out of the
box, I never tried it though....

> 	3) What is the correct TERM variable for the Falcon ? vt100 ?
> vt200 does NOT work (vi error msg).
See above.

> 	4) What is the serial device called on the Falcon ?
/dev/mdm02

> 	5) a FAQ needed for the correct using of 'ppp' !
> 	   Is it the same using as on MiNT-KGMD ?
> 	   Who use pppd on Mint and now on NetBSD ?
There should definitely be a FAQ on it, I see questions about it on
the lists of other ports too. For now the man-pages for pppd and chat
are all I can point you at. I have some hints saved in a mailbox somewhere,
if you need it, I can send them to you.

Leo.