Subject: Re: New kernel on NetBSD.ORG
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Helmar Goettsch <goettsch@sunbayer32.informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/22/1995 11:48:33
In article <m0tHeGL-00008jC@waux11.wau.mis.ah.nl>,
leo@wau.mis.ah.nl (Leo Weppelman) writes:
|> Hi all,
|>
|> 	In an effort to solve the AHDI-disklabel troubles, I just uploaded
|> a new kernel to: ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/atari/kernels/BOOT.gz .
|> This kernel skips some of the AHDI-label validity checks. This is
|> the best we can do so short before the release. Waldi also tries to
|> extend his aptck program to make it fix the labels - that are definitely wrong!
|>
|> Everybody with disklabel problems, _please_ try it out and let me
|> know if it works; for good or bad.

YEP ! It seems to work !
Neither does the new kernel bring the error msg "Ivalid TOS partition table"
nor other errors. I followed the instruction in INSTALL and the kernel
was able to:
	- recognize my two disks
	- finding ROOT- and SWAP- and USR-partitions
	- newfs and mount_ffs ROOT- and USR-partition on sd0
	- mount_msdos the GEMDOS-partition and finding the binary-
	  distribution-sets (NO not the buggy INSTALL-script but I saw the
	  files in the shell)
Beacuse it was late yesterday night (2 o'clock!) I interrupted my installing
work. More infos and a bug-report for the INSTALL file and -script follows
today night or tomorrow.

One question:	I got the error
"ST_pool_mem exhausted; increase with 'binpatch ST_pool_size'
(or similar) 	1) 	just after starting kernel after ite0 is displayed
		when	I boot with resolution 1024*768*2
		2)	until (foremost) while extracting base11-set
		when	I boot with resolution 896*608*2
How much have I increase ST_pool_mem to work fine with 1024*768*2 and with
two (or three) additional virtual consoles ?
Please mail the command syntax for the binpatch cmd.

Thank you
HEG

--
          ___   __   Helmar Goettsch (Admin HEG: Lehrstuhl III, Informatik)
  /   /  /     /  '  Orleansstr. 34, D-81667 Muenchen     Room: O109, ZI