Subject: Re: New kernel on NetBSD.ORG
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/21/1995 08:07:36
Leo Weppelman wrote:

> 	In an effort to solve the AHDI-disklabel troubles, I just uploaded
> a new kernel to: ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/atari/kernels/BOOT.gz .
> This kernel skips some of the AHDI-label validity checks. This is
> the best we can do so short before the release. Waldi also tries to
> extend his aptck program to make it fix the labels - that are definitely wrong!
>
> Everybody with disklabel problems, _please_ try it out and let me
> know if it works; for good or bad.

I tried the new kernel this morning, and it recognizes my broken
labels alright; I was also able to mount partitions from the disk in
question.  ("disklabel -e sd0" said something about partitions
exceeding beyond end of disk, but I sort of expected that after
Waldi's analysis of by `aptck' output.)

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de