Subject: Re: Problems installing NetBSD/atari 1.1-BETA on Falcon
To: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
From: Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/19/1995 06:08:41
Waldi Ravens wrote:

> It would be nice if everybody who gets these 'illegal TOS partition table'
> messages from TOS would run aptck and send the full report to the list.
> Then we can see where things are going wrong and release some of NetBSDs
> strong checking a bit. Or alternatevily, I can extend aptck to automatically
> fix a `broken' partition table (*if* it turns out that it's really the
> labels causing the problem and not the kernel code).

My data for my disks comes after my .sig.  The first disk actually has
5 partitions; the `aptck' utility drops out after the fourth one.
Both disks have been partitioned with SCSI-Tools.

While `aptck' had been running, the TOS SCSI driver reported lots of
"sense code $21"; I think that means "invalid block address"...  I
guess that's normal, isn't it?

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de
WWW:   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mh1/

device     : s00 (SCSI target 0 lun 0) [MAXTOR  LXT-213S        ]
sector size: 512 bytes
medium size: 415436 sectors

root sector data:
  medium size: 415435
  start of bad sector list : 1
  length of bad sector list: 2
  entry 0: BGM         4     81920
  entry 1: GEM     81924     30727
  entry 2: BGM    112651    112640
  entry 3: XGM    225291    190137

auxilary root at sector 225291:
  entry 0: GEM         1     10240
  entry 1: XGM     10241    179905
Partition extends beyond end of extended partition!

NetBSD says: Invalid AHDI partition table.

device     : s10 (SCSI target 1 lun 0) [QUANTUM LP240S GM240S01X]
sector size: 512 bytes
medium size: 479350 sectors

root sector data:
  medium size: 479350
  start of bad sector list : 1
  length of bad sector list: 2
  entry 0: GEM         4     63456
  entry 1: NBR     63460     30720
  entry 2: NBS     94180     49152
  entry 3: NBU    143332    336017

Total number of normal partitions    : 4
Total number of auxilary root sectors: 0

NetBSD says: AHDI partition table OK.