Subject: Re: Misc. observations (was Building Taylor UUCP) (fwd)
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/15/1995 02:32:16
Forwarded message:
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 95 11:38 WIN
From: leo@wau.mis.ah.nl (Leo Weppelman)
To: kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de
Subject: Re: Misc. observations (was Building Taylor UUCP)

> > > Two other unrelated observations:
> > >
> > > The /etc/ttys line defines my virtuals as "vt200", but there's no
> > > "vt200" terminal definition in /usr/share/misc/termcap.  This should
> > > be changed to "vt220".
> > This is a bug in the etc-set. I'll fix this before 1.1 .
> >
> > Leo.
>
> Interesting, too: When you run tetris in vt220 mode (TERM=vt220),
> you'll see very stange garphics. Resetting it to vt100 yields the
> normal tetris display. Why?
Honestly, I don't know. I tried vt320 and this also yields a normal display.
The ite.c source was originally taken from the amiga-port. I didn't change
the emulator itself (in fact very little has changed). The source states
that it emulates a vt200. A vt200 definition is also lacking from termcap
and I followed the amiga-port here and changed to use the vt220 definition.
I have no doc's about the vt200 definitions, so I can't check what the
difference is between the vt200 and the vt220. So I don't know what is
wrong here. It might be the vt220 termcap definition, or the capabilities
used are simply not implemented (or are no part of the vt200 definition).

Is there anybody on the list who is able and willing to sort these things
out?

Leo.