Subject: Re: ?: sd1(...): dma-ready: code = 2
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl>
From: Michael Hohmuth <hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/08/1995 03:59:58
Hi Leo!

Leo Weppelman wrote:

> > Your posting reminded me that the drive has always had parity disabled
> > for it had in an earlier life been connected to an ACSI-SCSI-adapter
> > not supporting parity.  :-)
> > [...]
> > Do you mean that all TTs have the parity checking problem, or did you
> > suspect that just mine has it?  Would enabling parity in the drive
> > make any sense?

> Normally _all_ SCSI devices supply parity on output. The jumper is only
> ment to tell the drive the check parity on input. You should probably
> enable that. There seems to be something strange with parity on the TT.

I'll bet on that.

I've just tried enabling parity in the drive (jumpered "EP").  This
caused the drive to identify itself as "PT@NTTL LP240R" instead of
"QUANTUM LP240S" and otherwise be inaccessible.  :-)  (The funny id
string has been reported by both NetBSD and the TOS SCSI driver I use,
HuShi 6.05 Beta.)

> > Have you checked with any of the TOS SCSI driver vendors (Uwe Seimet
> > <seimet@rhrk.uni-kl.de>, Julian Reschke <reschke@ESCHER.UNI-MUENSTER.DE>)?
> > I seem to recall that one of them once said that parity checking would
> > normally work on the TT SCSI interface.

> No I haven't. Maybe I should if there is no one currently on the list
> that can clean up this mistery.

Please do.

Regards,
Michael