Subject: Re: My experiences with gcc 2.7.0
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/07/1995 08:54:50
Daniel Eriksson wrote:

> Waldi wrote:
> > Good question, I don't know the answer. :-)  But when I build gcc
> > with -fomit-frame-pointer, the resulting binary wouldn't work.
> > I noticed a similar problem with crt0.o.
>
> Building gcc, how hard is it? I guess it'll take the better part of
> a day or two, but that's no real problem. Does it compile "out of
> the box", or does it need hacking?

After reading several reports in gnu.gcc.bugs wrt the m68k platform,
compiling 2.7.0 didn't seem very useful to me. I build the older
2.5.8, not exactly out-of-the-box, but close enough. :-)
However, as it seems that at least some of the NetBSD patches
didn't make it into the gcc tree, I decided to drop 2.5.8.

Waldi