Subject: Re: Building Taylor UUCP
To: Daniel Eriksson <eradaer@gaera.ericsson.se>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/06/1995 21:16:13

> Last night I tried to build the latest Taylor UUCP (v1.06.1). I ran
> into lots of strange error-messages originating from policy.h, but
> after repetedly running make I finally got all utils built. However,
> when I later tried uucico I found that it did not want to work.
> >From the flashing of lights on the modem I take it uucico managed
> to pull up/down a line or two. It didn't look like it was sending
> any data though. Unfortunately I don't have the log-file handy, but
> I remember seeing something about "write error".
It sounds like uucico can't find your config file. When this happens
it possibly 'forgets' to turn on clocal when it starts to dial. This
leads to an I/O error, because it writes to a port without carrier.
Checkout if it expects your config files where they are (/etc/uucp).
You might also want to checkout the config file that was used to build
the uucp package in the bin-dist. It's in:
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/gnu/libexec/uucp/common_sources.

> Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any obvious reasons for
> Taylor not to work? When I compiled 1.05 for MiNT I had no problems
> at all getting it to communicate with the modem. :-(

Leo.