Subject: Taylor UUCP problems
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Eriksson <daniel@icon.pp.se>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/05/1995 22:04:25
I`m having problems getting good performerance from uucico (running
over a V34 connection with 8k ringbuffer). I still haven`t managed
to get the i-protocol (which performs VERY well under MiNT) to work
at all, it just sits there after the initial handshake and does
nothing.

I`ve also tried the f-protocol, but for reasons beyond the scope of
this letter it won't work.

The g-protocol (with which this letter probably will be posted) on
the other hand works, but gives VERY poor performerance. To make
this better I`ve tried to increase the packet-size from 64bytes to
some other power of 2. However, whatever values I use Taylor dies
on me with an error-message in the Log-file (FATAL syntax error).
Is anybody else using Taylor with the g-protocol and defining a new
packet-size? Is there something special I need to do in order to
get Taylor working (I just copied my config-files from my fully
working MiNT-setup, changed the port to /dev/mdm02 and fired it up)?

/Daniel, daniel@icon.pp.se
(who doesn`t enjoy getting 2-300cps transfer-rates from a connection
 that usually gives 3000cps)