Subject: Re: Building NetBSD
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/04/1995 22:33:04

> > I've fetched the source and I've also managed to figure out how
> > to compile it. However, once compiled both BOOT and FALCON gives
> > me:
> >
> > ffs: /dev/sd0d on /usr: Operation not supported by device
>
> If that's from brand-new kernel sources, there's a patch missing to
> the kernel to provide backward compatibility.  Make sure that your
> filesystems in /etc/fstab are referenced as 'ffs' instead of 'ufs'
> and that you have up-to-date mount and mount_ffs binaries.  If you
> don't have those, you can get them from:
> 	ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/pub/outgoing/briggs
>
> They're NetBSD/mac68k binaries and should work on the Atari.
Wish you had answered sooner, it would have saved me sometime to figure
out what was wrong ;-)
The NetBSD/mac68k binaries should indeed be no problem, but you will have
to keep the emergency set at hand in case something else is going wrong
with the new kernel and this is a _big_ minus. Especially because he
has the only NetBSD/Atari kernel with fpu-emulation.

Thanks for your help Allen.

Leo.