Subject: Beta test version of NetBSD/Atari1.1 available
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/01/1995 10:16:00
	I've just uploaded a new binary set to ftp.netbsd.org. This is ment
to be the beta-test release of NetBSD/Atari1.1 which is about to appear
on Nov. 17 .
I'm sorry that everything is being released a bit late, but this is due
to hardware troubles on the original (former) ftp.netbsd.org.

The base directory of the release is: ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/atari
Bootfloppies can be found in the 'floppies' directory. In this directory
the major README - containing a hierarchy description - and the INSTALL
document are located.

There are currently 2 kernels in the 'kernels' directory. The one called
BOOT.gz is the same as present on the bootfloppy. The GENERIC.gz kernel
is rather bulky and is made from the GENERIC config file - as you might
expect ;-) - with the extension of COMPAT-SUNOS. I did this because
someone - forgot his name, sorry - was having trouble compiling a kernel
with this option. I have fixed this. I have not been able to try sunos
executables however, as I don't have access to them. If you have, try it
out.

You are urged to try out the BOOT kernel. If you have any problems with
this, let me - and the list - know. There is still time to fix things
albeit short. I hope that a few people try out the binaries and the
install-fs too ;-)

Note that the sets are distributed as an upgrade, this doesn't mean that
you cannot make a fresh install from it, it only means that you have to
answer 'yes' to the question:

	"Are you installing a -current snapshot? [n]"

in the Extract() function.

Finally a warning. Do not use the kernels on binary sets older then the
sets I distributed around Aug. 20, if you do, you are guaranteed to run
into trouble!

Good luck,

Leo.