Subject: Compiled a kernel but...
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nat! <bsdnat@zumdick.rhein-main.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/24/1995 19:27:46
I compiled the kernel overnight and all went except when
it came to linking. One file called "zs.c" wants a symbol
called "_abs" (probably wants stdlib).
I think I will be able to fix this on my own, but as a
'betatester' or somesuch I wanted to note this.

Also I have to note that when I run systat or vmstat, none
of my drive statistics show up. When I try :numbers when
running :iostat in systat (crypto-speach :) ) I get
a float exception. Most probably this is caused because
there are no disk drives connected and the program does a
divide by zero. (Just my guesses)

After the crash my terminal was a little fucked (no echo)

Does anyone know what to tune in order to speed up a 12MB
36MHz Falcon ?
Subjectively I think NetBSD is slower than LINUX, any
truth to this statement ?
Where's the source for the slow Atari terminal output
driver ?

That's it for now, the rest runs smoothly...

Nat!

------------------"Bang that bit that doesn't bang"---------------

                 Yeah, money talks / ... I should know
                  Mine always says / 'Good bye'!