Subject: Re: NetBSD is running now -- questions...
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Waldi Ravens <waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 10/20/1995 17:32:48
> Do you mean that you never partitioned your harddisk with TOS tools
> but that NetBSD itself did the job?

The NetBSD disklabel contains its own partition table, so
an AHDI partition table is not required. The total number
of partitions is currently limited to 16 per medium.
Obviously, a harddisk without AHDI partition table cannot
be used by TOS/MagiC or Linux (the latter has access to
the whole disk as a raw device).

> Then you have reached a goal linux hackers didn't yet!! ;)

Not yet. At least one harddisk must have an AHDI partition
table, because NetBSD can only be booted under TOS/MagiC.
A bootloader is necessary to boot NetBSD without TOS.

It's just a first attempt to get on our feet. We're by no
means walking yet. :-)

>       ,,,,
>       /'^'\
>      ( o o )
>   .oooO                           Benjamin Lorenz, Saarbruecken
>   (   )   Oooo.               benni@phil.uni-sb.de, 0681/372253
>           (_/

With these feet it should be easy to stand up; not sure about
walking... :-)

Waldi